We’re eager to keep you fed and caffeinated at ONA23! Here are some options to explore onsite and nearby.
Near the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Unfortunately, the Starbucks that was inside the conference hotel has closed. We’ve gathered several options inside the venue and nearby.
- Starbucks and Dunkin — there are numerous outposts within a few blocks of the hotel in each direction. In fact, there’s a Dunkin within the Pennsylvania Convention Center, which can be accessed from inside the hotel itself.
- Within the Reading Terminal Market, check out Tea Leaf and Old City Coffee. Other stands also offer iced coffee or tea.
- The Resolve Guide to Philly has more recommendations for anyone staying further away or looking to explore the city.
At the Midway and inside the hotel
- Center City Pantry (Lobby Level, Philadelphia Marriott Downtown) offers locally sourced La Colombe coffee for all your caffeine needs.
- Join us at the ONA23 Welcome Party, featuring the flavors and sounds of Philadelphia! This is free to all attendees; make sure to wear your badge.
- RSVP-required meal events will have either breakfast, lunch or a receptions with appetizers and bar service — both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
- Chartbeat/Tubular and Microsoft have cookies!
- Get your ticket for the Online Journalism Awards Ceremony and Banquet on Saturday, Aug. 26, which includes dinner and wine.
- Microsoft will be serving cookies at their Franklin foyer booth on the fourth floor.
- Echobox will be serving lollipops and cupcakes from Philadelphia favorite Tiffany’s Bakery at their Midway booth.
- Letterhead will be hosting a coffee hour on Thursday from 1-2 p.m.
- Outside of the Grand Ballrooms, stop by Canva’s “creative juices” lounge on the 5th Floor near registration and create a custom label for your beverage from Wednesday-Friday.
- Cool off with local ice cream from the Popalong cart, a collaboration by Lil Pop Shop and Weckerly’s Ice Cream, on Thursday afternoon from 1-3 p.m., just outside the entrance to the Midway in the Franklin Hall foyer. Special thanks to the Democracy Fund for supporting these chilly treats.
- The Knight Foundation Lounge in rooms 407-409 will include these open lounge times, accessible by all attendees:
- Thursday, Aug. 24
- 9 a.m. – noon: Open lounge with refreshments
- Noon – 2 p.m.: Lunch buffet
- 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.: Afternoon snack
- Friday, Aug. 25
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Breakfast buffet
- 11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Open lounge with refreshments
- Saturday, Aug. 26
- 10 a.m. – Noon: Mimosa and Bloody Mary brunch
- Noon – 5 p.m.: Open lounge with refreshments
- Thursday, Aug. 24